Pages

11.14.2012

Time Out

First of all, thank you so much for all your kind words and prayers. I'll admit to some last minute flight checks to make it to my Grandma's funeral, but in the end I knew I was needed here and it was ok. My mom called a few hours before the funeral to tell me my sister was reading my blog during the service and I was all "I literally spent 10 minutes writing that can I just rewrite it" but I let it go and it was nice to feel a part of the service. 

I felt a little slammed for a few days but I chalked  it up to post company let down and grandma died mourning but I finally admitted to being sick and went to the doctor today. Also Brad told me last night to go to the doctor today or else. So it turns out I'm sick, not just lazy. I got some good drugs and if I'm not better by Monday the doctor promised me a steroid shot, because I need to be 100% by Wednesday because this guy comes to town!


I can't wait to see him and smell him (yes, I smell my kids). Best. Smell. Ever. 

Also, today is Diabetes Day, during Diabetes Awareness Month. And Dakota has reminded me umpteen (gma) times. I feel guilty I haven't done anything about it yet. The truth is it's been a little crazy here with Seth's numbers. He'll run high a few days and then normal and then low and then crazy. We are smack in the middle of an "intensive testing" time to try and figure out if it's his basal rate, insulin - carb ratio, insulin sensitivity or what. If that all sounds confusing it is. The bottom line is on a good night my phone looks like this



On a bad night I've got this


So I will eventually do something to spread awareness on Type 1 Diabetes, as soon as I can think straight and maybe get more than a two hour stretch. And finish my good drugs and smell my soldier.

For now I will share the first video I made: 








0 comments:

Post a Comment