Pages

12.18.2012

Whoops! There is went....

Last week I started a looonnng post about the band program here. How confusing it is, how well Sam is doing, how his teacher is a celebrity in the nerd world of percussion (Sam is saving all of his hall passes to sell on ebay). It was seriously a very long explanation, detailed and with pictures.


And then Seth called from school because he needed a site change. And then the insurance company called because I talk to them at least once a week. And then my email went crazy and I was locked out of my life for 24 hours.

And the post was gone. 

So we are moving on. 

A lot has happened in the past week. I was out shopping when Dakota texted me about the shooting in Connecticut. And then I heard people talking at Costco. I have a habit of getting obsessed with news but this time I just wanted to crawl under a rock. I pray for the families of all who are involved but I can't handle the details. It's just too incomprehensible. 

Yes I said I was out shopping. I know, my Christmas shopping is in fact done. We had a Christmas party Saturday night for Brad's team. So on Friday I went shopping and planned the extravaganza. It was a family party so I went with a Charlie Brown Christmas theme. It was a lot of fun and turned out great. I was putting rollers in my hair at 6:45 (the party was at 7) so I didn't get the "before party" pics of all the decorations. We ended up getting a Christmas tree but I didn't really want to put decorations on it since hellcat Junie has ruined my white tree by climbing it on a daily basis. If you're thinking she's too cute and "nice"


You would be wrong


Instead of putting my breakable ornaments on the tree I printed off comic strips to make garland (the kids' least favorite job on Saturday) and then I printed color pictures of the characters to make ornaments. My favorite is the Charlie Brown on top, modeled after our toilet paper angel Alex made at MOPS that we use every year. 


I put several other "trees" around the house that I made with a branch pushed into a foam square. I added an ornament and some blue flannel I bought at the fabric store.


I took the above picture for my mom. The picture I had framed before only showed three kids and the back of Seth's head. She's been after me for three years to change it. Ta-Done!

The food was all bought at Costco. Brad made wings for "Woodstock's Wing Bar" and I had several different sauces to try. We had "Lucy's Lemonade", "Charlie Brown Cake" (chocolate), "Peppermint Patties"(Dakota dipped York's into white chocolate and then sprinkles - super cute), and "Snoopy Snacks" which were different snacks in adorable dog bowls. We had a couple activities but mostly it was just socializing. I loved that the majority of the party happened by the pool (because it's Texas, y'all). We also got about 300 pounds of food to donate to a local shelter.

Now that the party is over and I've finished shopping, shipping and WRAPPING I can concentrate on doing some baking. Alex leaves WestPoint on Friday and flies to Ohio to see Katie and her family. He gets here on Sunday and then Katie flies down on the 26th to stay until the 2nd when they both leave. We will also be celebrating Alex's 21st birthday! AND we will have another guest when Mrs. Liley (Sam's band teacher from last year) flies in on the 27th. Ok, she's really only on a four hour layover but we still consider it a visit and will cram as much into that time as possible. 

For my mom, one last picture of Junie. She really does have a cute personality.


And yes, she's laying in her kitty litter. 














0 comments:

Post a Comment